Tuesday 13 september 2022
During an online pre-event of the Partos Innovation Festival on October 6th, we will discover the relationship of women, youth, indigenous peoples and local communities with their forests. How do they protect their forests? What role do they play in forest management?
Header photo: Foggy forest in Bansoa, Cameroon (c) Edouard TAMBA on Unsplash
Women and youth play a key role as environmental defenders and are often at the frontline of defending their land against extractive activities such as oil exploration and mining. They are also essential for their households and communities’ food production, gathering medicinal plants and water and the sustainable use of natural resources. They also safeguard and transfer much of the traditional knowledge about nature.
In this session, we will start off with a menti-quiz, then the panelists from Bolivia, Uganda and Cameroon will share their personal stories followed by an interactive discussion.
About the event
- Datum: 6 oktober 2022
- Tijd: 13.00 – 14.30 uur
- Locatie: online
- Aanmelden: gratis, via de website van Partos
- Carmen Miranda (President at SAVIA Bolivia)
- Sevidzem Ernestine Leikeki (Women Empowerment Officer at Cameroon Gender and Environment Watch)
- Freddie Kalibwani (Resource Mobilization Manager at ECOTRUST)
- Moderator: Frederique Holle (gender focal point at IUCN NL)
Register for this event through the website of the Partos Innovation Festival: